Iris Versicolor Kermesina
Iris Versicolor Kermesina is a beautiful shallow water marginal plant. This iris has vivid magenta coloured flowers, marked with white stripes. It flowers from early spring into summer and the foliage remains into Autumn. Perfect for planting in the shallow margins of your ponds and lakes. Also suitable for wetland areas, Iris are a good plant for providing a wildlife friendly habitat giving newly emerging aquatic animal a hand to get out of the water.
- You can plant at any time of year these plants are hardy, the best time is between March to November to see the colour in your own garden.
- Position in full sun to partial shade
- Height up to 60cm (24in).
- Planting depth up to 5cm of water or in boggy moist well drained soil. Ensure the plant does not dry out as it will not tolerate dry conditions so extra watering may be required.
- Easy to maintain cut back after flowering removing any dead foliage.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0440
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.