Iris Laevigata ‘ Mottled Beauty ‘
Iris Laevigata ‘ Mottled Beauty ‘ there are wonderful flowers on this iris they are white with blue spotted falls. With erect, sword-shaped green leaves.
An Iris is semi-aquatic plants often referred to as bog or marginal plants. Iris’s are a colourful plant and make a good addition to garden pond, lakes, alongside streams and even in a moist garden spot or bog gardens. They provide a colourful back drop with striking effect . It will attract much wildlife into your garden. A particular favourite of bees, butterflies and dragonflies.
- Grows to a height of 80 cm ( 31 inches)
- We recommend a planting depth of 15cm depth of water above the crown of the plant or on moist damp soil that does not dry out.
- Flowers between May and June
- Grows up to 68 cm ( 27 inches)
- Position in full sun to part shade.
- This Iris prefers full sun to partial shade in damp moist areas. You can cut back during the winter and remove any brown colour leaves. This Iris is a hardy plant.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact and dramatic effect, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.