Iris Louisiana ‘Black Gamecock’ Shallow water plant
Iris Louisiana ‘Black Gamecock’. A very popular shallow water, marginal pond, plant. This beautiful iris has intense purplish black flowers with a band of yellow. Flowers from spring to summer. A good plant for providing architectural structure and height to garden ponds, streams, lakes rivers and bog gardens. It is easy to grow and low maintenance.
- Height 70-100cm (27-39in) when mature.
- Planting depth 5-15cm (2-6in)
- Plant in full sun to part shade.
- Flowers between June and July.
- Cut back after the foliage had died in late autumn to 3 inches above the water level
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: M0400
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available from Monday to Friday between 08:30am and 16:30pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.