Iris Louisiana ‘ Dariene C ‘
Iris Louisiana ‘Dariene C ‘ is a deep purple standards, purple line signals; slightly darker purple falls, yellow blotch overlaid with raised orange steeple signals, pronounced deep purple surround. Beautiful plant that will not only add a wonderful colour to your garden but with add architectural and structural interest.
Semi-aquatic plants often referred to as bog or marginal plants and provide a colourful backdrop. They are a colourful plant and make a good addition to garden ponds, lakes, alongside streams and even in a moist garden spot.
- Grows to 104 cm ( 41 inches )
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-4 in) of water above soil it is also happy in wet soil.
- Marginal pond plant (shallow water plant).
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Iris Louisiana ‘Dariene C’ prefers full sun to partial shade in damp moist areas. You can cut back during the winter and remove any brown colour leaves. This Iris is a hardy plant.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- This iris flowers between May and June
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.