Powdery Alligator flag Thalia dealbata.
Powdery Alligator flag Thalia dealbata. Is a tall attractive marginal, shallow water, pond plant. It has ovate to lanceolate blue green leaves dusted with white and panicles of small purple flowers held above the foliage. Flowers June – September. Suitable for growing in ponds, streams and lakes and also in bog gardens to provide a dramatic effect. It is also a beneficial plant for wetlands. Friendly to butterflies and insects and will attract wildlife into your garden.
- Height: to 180cm (6ft) when mature can take up to 5 years.
- Planting depth 10-60 cm (4-24ins)
- Likes to be in full sun
- Protect roots from freezing over winter by placing into deeper water
- Remove old flowers regularly
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 19cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.