Water Spearmint (Preslia cervina) Shallow water plant
Water Spearmint (Preslia cervina) Shallow water, marginal pond, plant. With its whorls of blue flowers and minty smelling foliage this is a decorative and is a wonderfully aromatic plant. Also known as Hart’s Pennyroyal. It is nectar rich and a favourite with bees and other pollinating insects. Perfect for planting in any pond or bog area and will add beautiful colour and fragrance. Grows in water and very damp permanently moist areas.
- Flowers from July to September.
- Height 10-20cm (4-8in)
- Position in full sun to part shade.
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-4in) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0800
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.