Duck Potato (Sagittaria latifolia) Marginal plants
Out of stock
Duck Potato (Sagittaria latifolia) Shallow water plant
- Duck Potato (Sagittaria latifolia) is a shallow water marginal pond plant. It has interesting arrow shaped leaves and beautiful delicate white flowers around 3cm across.
- Height can grow up to 80 cm ( 31 inches )
- Should be planted around one inch into the soil and submerged in water to ensure it does not dry out.
- At Wetland Plants we follow the plants natural life cycle. This plant if ordering during winter or early spring comes as a bulb. The plant puts it energy into the bulb through the winter months and re-emerges around June – August. You are able to plant this as a bulb during the winter months for it to establish in your own pond
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping. Please note during the winter and into early spring this plants natural form is a bulb.
- Contact us if you require more information