Variegated Norfolk Reed. Phragmites.
Variegated Norfolk Reed. Phragmites. Is a marginal pond plant. This is the variegated form of the Norfolk reed. It forms magnificent stands of boldly variegated architectural growth reaching 182 – 243cm (6-8 ft) tall and will grow in water of up to 60 cm (24 in) deep or more. This variety of Norfolk reed is not quite as vigorous as the plain green variety but is still only suitable for large areas or where you can be sure that you can confine it.
Variegated Norfolk Reed. Phragmites is useful for sewage treatment and reed beds it is known for taking nitrates out of thewater. It is not suitable for growing in a pond with a liner it will break the liner. It is a very invasive plant which can grow through pond liner. Can be used to form dense clumps and screening.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Planting depth 0-5cm of water however when mature it will grow in up to a metre of water.
- Position in full sun to part shade
- Very invasive.
- Cut back in the winter, you can cut this plant back hard.
- Provides cover for nesting birds and other insects.
- Product Code: M0750
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.