White Pickerel (Pontederia cordata alba)
White Pickerel (Pontederia cordata alba) is a shallow water, marginal pond plant. It is a more unusual white flowering form of the blue version. Has Green arrow shaped leaves which emerge from he pond with white flowers in summer. It is wildlife friendly and attracts butterflies and bees to your pond or lakes. It leaves provide cover for your pond to help with algae and this also provides cover for emerging aquatic wildlife. This plant is suitable for planting in all types of ponds and lakes.
- Flowering time from July to September
- Planting depth 8-20cm (3-12in) of water above the soil submerge in water.
- Thrives planted in full sun to partial shade.
- Easy to maintain, trim back foliage and cut back after flowering in late autumn
- Height 60-80cm (24-32in)
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also via email. Our plant team will be able to help you with any questions or queries you may have.