Great Blue Lobelia, siphilitica.
Great Blue Lobelia, siphilitica. is a moisture loving plant. It has bold rosettes of light green foliage from which spring leafy stems bearing a bright profusion of light blue flowers. The light to bright blue tubular two lipped flowers will delight you from summer through to autumn. Perfect by the pond or near a stream, in a damp area if the garden and ideal for bog gardens. This plant can be grown in a container providing it is given ample room and at least 6 hours of sun a day.
- Clump forming moisture loving perennial.
- Flowers from August to October.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Height 30 – 90 cms (12 – 36 ins).
- Spread to 40 cm (16 ins).
- Plant in moist conditions.
- CAUTION All parts of this plant are poisonous if ingested.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.