Hosta Velvet Moon
Hosta Velvet Moon is a large Hosta that has thick, dark green leaves with a wide yellow-gold border. Lavender flowers in summer that will provide nectar for bees and other pollinators.
- This plant is also suitable for the pondside or damp garden. Place around the edge of a pond, providing soil is damp and not waterlogged. Alternatively plant in damp areas of the garden.
- Hosta are among the most popular of perennials for shady areas, with hundreds of varieties now readily available. Plants form a sturdy mound of foliage, topped with lily-like blooms.
- Suitable also for planting in mixed containers or tubs.
- Hosta go completely dormant in the fall, and the dying foliage can be removed any time before mid spring.
- Plant in partial or full shade in fertile, moist, well-drained soil.
- Height 55cm (20ins)
- Spread 100cm (39ins)
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.