Ragged robin (Lychnis flos-cuculi). Native.
Ragged robin (Lychnis flos-cuculi) is a pretty, native plant. Produces its pink, star shaped flowers in late spring/early summer. This is a moisture loving plant that grows in marshes and damp woodlands. Its name is inspired by the frilled edges on its pink flowers.
It is a perfect wildlife plant attractive to butterflies, bees, dragonflies and other pollinators. It will be happy around the edges of your pond in a moist bog garden or in damp wildflower pastures or marshy grounds.
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil.
- Plant in sun or partial shade.
- Flowers from late spring to late summer.
- Easy to maintain providing it is planted in soil that does not dry out in summer.
- Quite a vigorous plant forming clumps of 3ft.wide x 2 1/2 feet high when mature
- Cut back after flowering.
- We ship all plants bareroot. This means that we wash the soil from the roots before shipping. During summer months we may need to trim back some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.
- Product Code: P0250