Japanese Blood Grass (Imperata Red Baron)moisture loving plant
Japanese Blood Grass is a deciduous clump forming striking ornamental grass. It produces blood-red spikes that fade to bright green at the base and the colour becomes more intense over the summer with beautiful striking red coloured leaves during the growing season. Suitable plant for borders or in the rock garden, and especially effective when mass planted in a mixed boarder or amongst other grasses.
- Once mature, in late summer the spectacular red foliage shines .
- Plant in a sunny well drained area of your garden.
- Dormant during winter with new growth appearing in spring but will need to be protected from hard frosts.
- Height: 50 – 75 cm ( 19 – 29 inches ) when mature.
- Spread 10 – 25 cm ( 5 – 10 inches ) when mature.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants ready for potting on or planting direct into their permanent position. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.