Japanese Clematis Iris (Iris ensata Kaempferi White ) moisture loving.
Japanese Clematis Iris (Iris ensata Kaempferi White) The flowers on this iris are Glowing white flowers which form in small clusters at the top of the upright stems of this elegant water iris in summer. It has erected, sword-shaped leaves the flowers sit upon tall stems well above the clump forming green foliage. Perfect for planting in pond margins, water and rain gardens, lakes and streams or bog gardens. Can be grown in perennial boarders as long as they receive enough moisture.
This plant adds architectural structure and interest to your garden. It is a perfect plant to encourage insects like damselflies and dragonflies to your pond and it provides shelter and a sunny place to perch.
- Grows 50 cm ( 20 inches) when mature
- Spread 50 cm (20 inches) when mature
- Plant in moist but not waterlogged soil in full sun to partial shade.
- Flowers from June to July.
- Cut back flowers once the foliage has died off and remove old foliage, taking care not to damage and emerging new growth.
- A hardy plant does not need protection during the winter.
- Note – toxic if eaten, May cause skin irritation or allergy
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping..
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries