Japanese Clematis Iris ( Kaempferi )
Japanese Clematis Iris ( Kaempferi ). Also known by the name Iris ensata. The large flowers resemble butterflies, it is a clump forming herbaceous perennial it has flowers that come in a wide range of colours which can vary in colour with a touch of yellow. The leaves are sword shaped.
This Iris grows well in bog gardens along the margins of your pond or stream and in moist poorly drained soil and come in a wide range of colours. Another beautiful iris from Japan.
- Plant in moist boggy soil poorly drained soil.
- Position full sun to partial shade.
Height ( approx ) 60 cm to 90 cm ( 24 inches to 36 inches ) forming a dense clump of erect foliage.
- Spread 45 cm ( 18 inches ).
- Flowers from June to July.
- Cut back after flowering in autumn to promote the next year’s growth.
- Easy to maintain.
- We ship all of our plant bareroot. This means we wash the soil from the roots before shipping. Sometimes during the summer months, we may need to trim back some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available from 08:30am to 16:30pm Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.