Water Avens (Geum Rivale)
Water Avens (Geum Rivale). A native perennial. A delightful native plant that produces pink petals backed by purple sepals in late spring and early summer which are then followed by seed heads. Likes boggy conditions, moist but well drained soil. Full to partial shade. Ideal for planting in boarders which are moist, around the edges of your pond and in bog gardens and shallow margins. It is also suited to wet woodlands and wet meadows. It is nectar rich so attractive to bees and other pollinators such as dragonflies.
- It grows to a max. of 45cm (1 ½ ft ) high when mature
- Spread of 45cm (1 ½ ft ) when mature
- Plant in moist well drained soil.
- Thrives in full sun to partial shade.
- Flowers from May to September.
- Cut back after flowering.
- We send all of our plants out bareroot. This means that we wash the soil from the roots before shipping. During the summer months it may be necessary to trim back some foliage for shipping
- Contact us if you require more information. We are open for 08:30am to 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also available via our email. Our plant team would be happy to help with any queries you may have.