Lobelia speciosa ‘ Starship Scarlet ‘ Moisture loving / Shallow water plant
Lobelia speciosa ‘ Starship Scarlet is a moisture loving shallow water plant. It has leaves that are an attractive green often flushed red with purple and bronze tinges . Flowers can be shades of red, pink and lavender and have a long summer bloom period and are very showy. It is a beautiful addition to your garden and will attract butterflies and bees as well as other pollinating insects. Ideal for planting around the edges of your pond or lake, in bog gardens and moist boarders.
- Likes full sun to partial shade
- Plant in moist soil shallow water
- Flowers from July through to October.
- Easy to maintain.
- Thives with feeding through the flowering season. Dead head to prolong the flowering period.
- Height 50 -60 cm ( 1.5 – 2 foot ) Spread 30 – 40 cm ( 1- 2 feet ) when mature
- Planting depth from 0-7cm ( 0-3in )
- Cut back after flowering becomes dormant during winter.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0500f4-1-2
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Please feel free to contact us if you require further information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm Monday to Friday and also via email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have,