Lysimachia punctata ‘Alexander
Lysimachia punctata ‘Alexander also known as Variegated yellow loosestrife is a herbaceous perennial. This plant is a stunning ornamental perennial plant. It has upright stems and striking variegated foliage, with whorls of lime green leaves serrated leaves with bright creamy edges. With a pink blush in spring and aged to white. The flowers are golden yellow and cup shaped and tinged red at their heart and appear in early summer, they bloom long into the late summer season. Provides a food source for pollinating insects.
Suitable for bog gardens, ponds and streams.
- This plant likes full sun or part shade and will grow in very moist soil. Prefers a damp position with its crown above the water level.
- Height 60 -90 cm ( 2 -3 feet ) when mature
- Spread 60 cm when mature.
- Flowers from early summer into late summer providing good cover and visual impact.
- Cut back after flowering to prevent self seeding.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries