Primula japonica Apple Blossom
Primula japonica Apple Blossom Is a deciduous perennial with pale green, wrinkled, egg-shaped leaves. Flowering from spring and early summer it has 2-6 tiered whorls of flowers are borne on stems about 45 – 60cm tall. The pale pink flowers have a darker reddish-pink centre. It is a good early nectar source for bees and other pollinators.
This primula is suitable for use in beds and boarders, bog gardens, at the edge of ponds in moist soil but not directly in water. It is also suitable for patio gardening and containers This primula is a beautiful addition to any garden and will add wonderful colour as well as structural architecture. Best planted in very early spring for you to see the early flower. But don’t worry if your later the beauty of this plant is that you can plant out at any time of year even in winter when dormant as the roots will develop in your own space ready for spring.
- Likes moist well drained soil and will grow in partial shade and sun .
- Height 45-60 cm ( 18-20 inches )
- Spread 30-45 cm ( 12-18 inches )
- Flowers from spring to early summer.
- Good for bees and wildlife
- Easy to maintain.
- Cut back flowering stalks after flowering to promote the next years new growth.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping. Your primula will be ready for potting on into a larger pot or directly into the soil
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries