Primula Rosea Gigas ( Pink Bog Primrose )
Primula Rosea Gigas, Pink Bog Primrose, is an flowers bloom on stems above a rosette of newly expanding leaves. This primrose grows best at the waterside or a similar position with rich and heavy moist to wet soil. It looks most effective when growing in groups and also combines well with Marsh Marigolds, ferns and other moisture lovers. It is a good nectar source for bees and other pollinators. Suitable for use in beds and boarders, bog gardens, at the edge of ponds in moist soil but not directly in water. It is also suitable for patio gardening and containers.
- Also known as Himalayan Meadow Primrose.
- Early-blooming, pink, primrose. Attractive loose clusters or umbels of bright magenta-pink
- Divide clumps after flowering, if desired.
- Will grow in partial shade .
- Height 20-25 cm ( 8-10 inches )
- Spread 15-30 cm ( 6-12 inches )
- Flowers from mid spring to early summer
- Good for bees and wildlife
- Easy to maintain.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries