White cardinal flower
White cardinal flower, Lobelia siphilitica alba, has upright leafy stems and has bold rosettes of light green foliage from which spring leafy stems bearing a bright profusion of white flowers. The white, tubular, two lipped flowers will delight you from summer through to autumn a late flowering plant that will provide colour to your garden later in the season. It is a very good source of late nectar for bees and other pollinators
- A Clump forming perennial, a moisture loving plant
- Flowers from August to October.
- Height 30 – 90 cms (12 – 36 ins) when mature
- Spread up to 40 cm (16 ins) when mature
- Plant in moist conditions.
- Perfect by the pond or in a damp situation in the garden.
- Cut back after flowering.
- Protect the crown of the plant in winter or frosts by mulching.
- CAUTION All parts of this plant are poisonous if ingested.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.