Yellow Sensation Water Lily
Yellow Sensation Water Lily (Nymphaea ‘Yellow Sensation’) the flower is rich yellow and a very double flowered lily. Flower shape is cup like with a light but pleasant fragrance and it is also free flowering. The blooms are held up to 15 cm ( 6 inches ) above the water surface. Suitable for planting in medium to large ponds or lakes it will give a striking effect as well as providing a good habitat for aquatic animals.
- Nymphaea ‘ Yellow Sensation ‘ is so striking it has become one of the most popular yellow lilies .
- Flower size 13 – 20 cm (5 – 8 inches) across, number of petals 33 – 36
- Leaf colour top leaves are olive green, new leaves are greenish flecked purple perimeter blotched purple. The underside is yellowish green, perimeter flecked reddish purple. Leaf has nearly round lobes which frequently overlap in new leaves providing good water coverage.
- Sinus completely open in large leaves. Stem colour peduncle brownish, petiole greenish brown, striped purple. Thick fuzz on peduncle and petiole.
- Leaf size 25 cm ( 10 inches )
- Leaf spread 0.9 – 1.5 m ( 3 – 5 feet ) when mature
- This not recommended for shallow ponds as its leaves will crowd each other on the water surface. It does well in water 3 – 4 feet deep when established
- Planting depth 40 – 90 cm ( 15 – 35 inches ) from soil level
- Position in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NY105
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available via telephone Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and are available via email outside these hours. We are happy to help with any queries you may have.