The true Bulrush (Scirpus Lacustris)
The true Bulrush (Scirpus Lacustris) is a native shallow water, marginal pond plant. It produces bold cylindrical dark green stems stiff needle-like leaves that arise from a creeping rootstock. Produces clumps, that gradually expand. It is a vigorous plant and will spread it is perfect for planting in wildlife ponds. It can be controlled by using baskets and keeping an eye on any straying roots.
- Robust and resistant to waterfowl, making good nesting cover if allowed to grow into large clumps.
- Planting depth 0-30cm (0-12in) of water above soil level. Or in permanently moist well drained soil.
- Height to 120cm (48in)
- Position in full sun to part shade.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim back some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.