Water Buttercup (Ranunculus linguagrandiflora) Native
Water Buttercup (Ranunculus linguagrandiflora) is a shallow water marginal plant perfect for your margins or alongside streams ponds lakes and wetland areas. The native Water Buttercup or Giant Spearwort, (Ranunculus lingua grandiflora), is a vigorous plant suitable for larger pools where it will reach to between 30 and 90cms (2 and 3 ft) tall. Leaves are at first pink, turning green and the 2 inch wide yellow buttercup like flowers appear all summer long. We like this plant as it provides so much benefit to your pond giving shelter and cover to aquatic animals living under the surface and also supports the pollinators adore the flowers as a food source.
- Planting depth 5-15cm (2-6 ins).
- Plant in full sun to partial shade in moist wet soil or in the margins of your pond.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0820.
- Easy to maintain.
- Cut back after flowering.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.