Bog Arum (Calla palustris) Shallow water plant
Bog Arum (Calla palustris) is a shallow water plant. A creeping plant with attractive heart shaped leaves and beautiful white arum like flowers. Naturalised in Britain. Suitable for planting around the edges of ponds it gives a nice soft feel. You can also plant alongside streams and lakes in shaded areas. Can also be planted in bog gardens in permanently moist soil.
- Planting depth 5cm to 10cm (2in to 4in) in still shallow water or moist soil.
- Height 15 cm (6in)
- Position in part shade does not like full sun.
- Cut back after flowering.
- Protect in cold winters.
- Low maintenance and easy to grow.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.