Dwarf striped rush (Acorus gramineus Variegatus) marginal plant
Dwarf striped rush is an eye catching plant for the shallowest areas of your pond or in wet or damp soil. It has attractive, variegated, cream and dark green leaves, arching grass like with semi-evergreen foliage forming large low growing clumps .
- A superb specimen for shallow water, waterside, bog gardens and damp borders.
- Flower white, flowering from March – May
- Planting depth maximum 5cm (2 in)
- Height 25 cm x 15 cm (10in x 6 in)
- Plant directly in soil or in a planting basket.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Easy to maintain.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket which creates a striking effect.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and via email. Our team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.