Egyptian reed (Cyperus papyrus)
Egyptian paper reed, Cyperus papyrus is a shallow water plant. It is a tender aquatic perennial forming a clump of erect stems with rounded umbels to 30cm wide, composed of many impressive slender stalks each bearing a small light brown flower-head. A beautiful addition to add structural content to your pond.
- This plant is not winter hardy in the UK so will need to be placed into a porch or greenhouse over winter.
- For sun or light shade. Grow in the shallow margins of the pond or in moist or wet soil.
- Height up to 3m when mature.
- Planting depth 0cm to 15cm ( 0in to 6in )
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger 40cm basket.
- Product Code: M0191
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and via email. Our team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.