Golden Creeping Jenny Lysimachia aurea
Golden Creeping Jenny Lysimachia aurea is a shallow water marginal pond plant. With golden foliage and yellow flowers, this plant is a creeping plant excellent for covering the edges of planting shelves and containers. Easy to grow it will brighten up the dullest day and provide a great contrast to plants which have darker leaves. It can also grow it in hanging baskets and containers providing it is kept well watered. It is also suited to damp wetlands and alongside riverbanks to provide ground cover.
- Golden creeping jenny flowers from June to August with pretty cup like yellow flowers,
- Planting depth 0-10cm in the pond margin or in permanently moist soil.
- Height will grow to 8cm (3in).
- Position in full sun to partial shade.
- Cutting this plant back is essential to promote the plants health. Prune any trailing stems and cut off spent flowers.
- Marginal pond plant (shallow water plant) or in moist wet soil.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.