Iris Laevigata ‘ Rose Queen ‘
Iris Laevigata ‘ Rose Queen ‘ has beautiful small pink flowers. It can be planted in a bog area or planted as a marginal plant in your pond. A really beautiful decorative pink iris that flowers between May and June. Erect sword-shaped leaves and drooping foliage which gives wonderful colour and structure to your garden .
Interestingly Iris’s are semi-aquatic plants often referred to as bog or marginal plants. They are a colourful plant and make a good addition to garden ponds, lakes, alongside streams. You can even plant these in a moist garden spot to provide a colourful back drop. It is also a good source of early food for pollinators providing shelter and perching places for aquatic wildlife and insects.
- Grows to a height of 80 cm ( 31 inches )
- Should be planted up to a maximum of 10cm of depth of water above the crown of the plant. It can also be planted in permanently damp soil.
- Flowers between May and June
- Position in full sun to partial shade in damp moist areas.
- Cut back the leaves at 45 degree angle in the Autumn. This Iris is a hardy plant.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact and dramatic effect, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.