Monkey Musk (Mimulus luteus)
Monkey Musk (Mimulus luteus) is a shallow water, marginal pond plant. Small delicate oval green foliage appears in the spring with bright yellow flowers from May to August. Suitable for planting in the shallow margins of your ponds or at the edges in moist well drained soil. This is also suitable for planting in damp beds, bog gardens and wetland areas.
- Self seeds freely.
- Height to 60cm (24in) tall.
- Planting depth from 0-5cm ( 0-1in ) of water above soil level or in moist well drained soil.
- Position in full sun to part shade in the afternoon.
- Cut back old growth after flowering in late Autumn.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0670
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.