White Water Spearmint (Mentha cervina ‘Alba’) Shallow water plant
White Water Spearmint (Mentha cervina ‘Alba’) Shallow water, marginal pond plant. This aromatic spearmint has globular clusters of small white flowers from June to September and narrow spear shaped leaves. A member of the mint family, the white water spearmint will root easily in wet mud or shallow water. Similar in habit to the common variety but smaller and more compact. It will form clumps that are a great habitat for wildlife and its flowers are enjoyed by bees, butterflies and hoverflies.
- Height 30cm (12in)
- Planting depth 0-5cm (0-2in) of water above soil level.
- Suitable for pond margins
- Plant in full sun will tolerate partial shade.
- Flowers from June to September.
- Cut back in Autumn after flowering.
- Product Code: M0805
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30 am and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries.