Reed canary grass ‘Arctic Sun’
Reed canary grass ‘Arctic Sun’ Phalaris arundinacea ‘ Shallow water, marginal pond plant. An attractive semi-evergreen ornamental grass. It has bright green leaves and an upright habit, bearing narrow golden yellow spiklets in early to mid-summer.
Easy to care for – cut back dead foliage in late winter and cut down all but new growth in early summer as older growth may revert to green later in summer.
- Position in full sun or part shade.
- Height 75cm (30in)
- Spread 75cm (30in)
- Planting depth from 0-7cm (0-3ins) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Warning – may become invasive
- Product Code: M0735
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.