Drumstick primula lilac
Drumstick primula lilac, Primula denticulata, is a hardy perennial plant. It is a beautiful addition to any garden it has striking lilac flowers around a little yellow centre. It flowers from mid spring to early summer and bright green leaves. Fast growing and hardy it likes a moist spot with humus rich soil. It has a long flowering season and is a good nectar source for bees and other pollinators. Suitable for use in beds and boarders, bog gardens, at the edge of ponds in moist soil but not directly in water. It is also suitable for patio gardening and containers.
- Position in full sun or partial shade in moist well drained soil.
- Best planted in early spring for you to have early colour in your garden.
- But don’t worry you are able to plant anytime of year even when dormant to give the roots chance to develop in your space for early spring flowers.
- Height: 30cm
- Spread 30cm
- Flowers from mid spring to early summer
- Good for bees and wildlife
- Easy to maintain.
- Cut back after flowering to promote the next years new growth.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.