Gladwyn iris (Iris foetidisima)
Gladwyn iris (Iris foetidisima) also known as the stinking gladwyn is a small native iris with dusky, lilac flowers in early summer. The flowers are followed in the autumn by attractive and long lasting seed-heads of bright orange seeds. These seed heads will remain on the plant throughout the winter providing a welcome splash of bright colour and is also attractive to small birds. It has dark green foliage which is almost evergreen. It prefers partial shade and damp conditions but will tolerate quite dry areas.
- One of only two irises which are native to the UK.
- Height 50-100cm (20-39 in).
- Plant in moist well drained soil.
- Position in full sun to partial shade
- Remove any dying foliage in the Autumn and cut back at a diagonal angle to encourage plant health
- Please note that we ship all of our plants bareroot. This means that we wash the soil from the roots prior to shipping. During the summer months we may need to trim some foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 16:30 pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.
- Product Code: P0550