Hosta ‘Abiqua Drinking Gourd’
Hosta ‘Abiqua Drinking Gourd’ is a clump-forming moisture loving perennial. The dark, blue-green leaves curve upwards to form a cup shape, with a puckered surface and waxy bloom. Beautiful white flowers appear in midsummer and is popular for this period with pollinators.
- Place around the edge of a pond, providing soil is damp and not waterlogged. Alternatively plant in damp areas of the garden. This plant is also suitable for the Pondside/Bog garden.
- Hosta’s are excellent perennials for shade that require minimal care. They provide shade from the sun for a variety of wildlife during the warm weather and are a very beneficial plant to have in your garden for wildlife.
- Plant in partial or full shade in fertile, moist, well-drained soil.
- Ensure that the soil is not waterlogged during the winter to prevent root rot.
- Height 55cm (20ins) when mature
- Spread 100cm (39ins) when mature
- Flowers during mid summer.
- Easy to maintain.
- Hosta go completely dormant in the fall. You can remove the dying foliage before mid spring and watch the new growth start.
- It is beneficial to leave the older foliage on during the winter period and this feeds the roots with nutrients.
- Protect by mulching in frosts and cold weather.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 16:30 pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.