Hosta Blue Mouse Ears
Hosta blue mouse ears is a beautiful Perennial plant. A wonderful compact miniature size Hosta with rounded blue/green leaves so if you don’t have much space you can still enjoy a Hosta in your garden. It is also good for providing shade to many insects from hot weather and once in bloom a favourite for pollinators providing a good food source.
- Suitable for boarders and good for underplanting and small spaces.
- Suitable for containers and planters and woodlands and works well in rockeries and bog gardens .
- Flowers in July to August with beautiful delicate purple/lilac flowers
- Plant in full shade to partial shade moist fertile well drained soil but moist and water well whilst establishing.
- This Hosta is easy to grow and maintain and come back year after year
- Hosta’s are prone to damage from slugs and snail so it is wise to seek out some protection from them in the spring.
- Height is 20cm (8 inches) when mature.
- Spread is 30cm (12 inches) when mature.
- It is beneficial to cut this Hosta back in the late fall
- Protect during winter and cold spells by covering or mulching.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.