Iris Sibirica White. Moisture loving
Iris Sibirica White with its long, strap like green leaves and beautiful white flowers it is a delightful asset in any garden. Easy to grow irises are named after the Greek goddess of the rainbow.
- Preferring moist well-drained soil they do not tolerate soil that gets waterlogged and require good drainage. They prefer to be in sun or part shade. This plant is also suitable for the pondside. Place around the edge of a pond, providing soil is damp and not waterlogged. Alternatively, plant in damp areas of the garden. Perfect for bog gardens, moist boarders at the waters edge.
- Flowers May to July.
- Height 80cm when mature.
- Spread 30cm when mature.
- Protect in winter.
- Cut flower stem back after flowering.
- Leave on the older leaves through winter and this provides nutrients to the roots. You can remove these in spring as the new growth starts to appear taking care not to damage the new growth.
- Plant into fertile well drained soil.
- We ship all moisture plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants ready for potting on or planting direct into their permanent position. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.