Maidenhair spleenwort (Asplenium trichomanes) Native
Maidenhair spleenwort (Asplenium trichomanes) is a pretty, little evergreen fern. Fronds of small rounded leaf lobes with a black stalk and midrib form an attractive, compact rosette. It is good for planting in rockeries, crevices or walls for attractive cover all year-round and suitable for beds and boarders.
- This hardy and low maintenance plant likes humus rich, moist, but well drained soil and prefers alkaline to neutral conditions.
- Position – shade or part shade. Avoid planting where the bright midday sun will be on the plant as this will cause damage. .
- Height – 15 cm (6 in) when mature.
- Spread 0.1m to 0.5m when mature.
- Dead or damaged fronds may be removed as required.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Size – grown in 1 litre pots. Please note the pot will be removed for shipping and the plants sent out bare root ready for potting on into a larger pot or directly into the soil. During the summer months we may need to trim back some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available from 08:30am to 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.